Nutrient Infusion Therapy (IV Nutrition)
Nutrient Infusion Therapy is a treatment option that feeds vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and amino acids directly into the bloodstream.
The type of IV nutrition used is tailored specifically to each patient’s needs based upon their lab results. Nutrient Infusion Therapy delivers high doses of these vitamins and essential elements when it is needed most, rapidly replenishing your body, and avoiding the GI tract, which can sometimes hinder absorption.
Types of Infusions
Founded by Dr. John Myer, this infusion contains several vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that are great for general nutritional supplementation. The highlighted ingredients include B- complex, Magnesium, Methyl cobalamin (B12), Pyridoxine (B6), and Vitamin C. This is a great choice for maintenance therapy, athletic training, migraines, fatigue, fibromyalgia, acute muscle spasm, common colds, and seasonal allergies.
This infusion is designed for a quick muscle recovery pre or post work out, improve stamina, strengthen muscles and joints. This is a great choice for athletic training, pre and post-surgical procedure, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and acute muscle spasm. The highlighted ingredients include Vitamin C, Vitamin B Complex, Magnesium, Zinc, Chromium for metabolism, and Ondansetron to help with nausea making this drip great for cancer patients, athletes, and pre/post-surgery patients.
If you are feeling under the weather or want to prevent illness like a common cold or flu
this infusion can help to naturally boost your body’s immune system. This infusion is designed to protect the body and speed up recovery from an airborne illness such as a cold. This is a great choice for maintenance therapy, pre or post-surgical procedures, common colds and seasonal allergies. The highlighted ingredients include Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, Magnesium and Calcium.
This is your one-stop-shop for all your nutrient needs. It has the greatest impact on mood, rehydrates the brain and other important organs instantly. Many people use this drip as a long-term strategy to stay healthy all year round. The highlighted ingredients include Vitamin C, Vitamin B Complex, Amino Blend, Magnesium, and Glutathione.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a candidate for Nutrient Infusion Therapy?
- Anyone who is interested in a holistic, preventative approach to health care.
- Anyone who is nutritionally depleted and in need of a “catch up” for vitamins and essential minerals to help the body function at an optimum rate.
- Athletes who are looking to prepare for a sporting event, competition or race.
- Anyone who wants to give their body an extra “immune boost” in order to prevent the common cold or flu from coming on.
Is this something covered by my health insurance?
Our mission of wellness and prevention does not fit into an insurance dictated model of sickness management. Therefore, we do not participate with any insurance providers, including Medicare, for IV Nutrition Therapy.
What can I expect, and does it hurt?
- Once we have your lab results and you have completed a lab review, a specific Nutrient Infusion Therapy package will be determined based on your specific needs.
- Our facility contains a quiet tranquility room where you can sit in a reclining chair and read, nap, listen to music, do needle work, or the latest Sudoku puzzle while your Nutrient Infusion Therapy is in progress.
- Most therapy treatments range between 60-90 minutes. Some of our more therapeutic regimens require 2-3 hours. There is little to no pain and in most cases, very little discomfort. Some people experience a warm sensation, and some say that they can taste the vitamins- this is especially true if you are very depleted.
- Please be sure to eat and/or bring a snack so that you do not arrive with an empty stomach. It is imperative that you are well hydrated, so please drink plenty of water before, during, and after your IV therapy session.
How often should I get a treatment?
- Many patients often require an intense initial period of treatments and oral supplements that transition to a maintenance phase.
- The initial phase can vary but is commonly 1-3 times per week for a period of up to 3 months, with a maintenance phase of 1-4 times per month for 3-6 months.
- Preventative and anti-aging treatments are typically recommended 2-4 times a month.
Our goal here at Centered on Wellness is your long-term health and wellness. If this sound likes a partnership you would like to explore further, please call our office at 912-638-0034 to set up a wellness consultation with one of our qualified providers.